Saturday, November 05, 2022
It was such a pleasure to welcome my son, Sean, back to the show. When the pandemic hit, it quickly became apparent that Sean would need to devote more time to our bricks and mortar coffee shop that we purchased together in 2017.
In this week's episode, I want Sean to explain what it was like to keep the business afloat amidst the shutdowns and restricted operations we faced here in the state of Washington. We both learned some valuable life and mindset-altering lessons, and I think some of those are universally beneficial to any business owner/leader.
• [00:00] Who is this Sean guy?
• [03:44] When the ship hit the sand
• [06:38] Restricted operations
• [07:51] A completely different point of view
• [09:02] What's the motivation?
• [12:07] Dealing with the politics and human nature
• [15:25] Differences for online vs. bricks and mortar businesses
• [20:47] What's changed at Revel?
• [27:45] As marketers, we ignore our customers…
• [29:05] These tactics work in the “real world”, too
• [31:49] Spiritual transformation
• [32:41] The success bottleneck is here
• [34:01] Who's in control
• [38:46] Lessons from Desmond
• [43:46] If it doesn't work here…
• [45:21] Back to business
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Connect with Ray on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Ray Edwards is a world-renowned copywriter and communications strategist, writing for some of the most powerful voices in leadership and business including New York Times bestselling authors Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for the Soul) and Tony Robbins. Ray is a sought-after speaker and author, hosts a popular weekly podcast, and blogs at RayEdwards.com
I teach thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and business owners how to write the words that sell their products, services, and ideas.
Click The Button Below And Enter Your Primary Email Address To Get “The Daily Ray” And A FREE Digital Copy Of The “Marketing Your Own Business” Newsletter.