Monday, December 12, 2022
I've admired Jennifer's work for some time now, so when I was asked to be a guest speaker in a private mastermind group, I was honored.
For those who ask for episodes that are “all about copy”, this fits the bill. Jennifer and her group asked some great questions and I think you'll find value in my answers.
If you'd like to know more about Jennifer Allwood and her new program, Better Way, check out the Links section below.
• [00:12] Intro
• [01:01] What is copywriting?
• [02:05] How did you get into this business?
• [04:00] Everything is copy
• [05:30] The P.A.S.T.O.R. Framework
• [17:19] Are women more prone to…
• [18:55] A heart-lead seller
• [20:20] Teach them long division…then sell them a calculator
• [23:04] How is it working for you?
• [23:23] The power of One-to-One selling
• [26:04] How does PASTOR work with social media?
• [30:04] Copy for Facebook…vs Copy for Instagram
• [30:30] Can I be an exceptional communicator…but a bad seller?
• [32:10] What should marketers not do
• [33:50] This is what you meant to say
• [35:35] Bio Copy
• [38:10] Writer's Bl*ck (we don't use that term)
• [41:25] Accidental copy [42:11] It's perfect enough!
• [43:09] Any trends?
• [46:51] When and how do I hire a copywriter?
• [49:34] Tell me about certification
• [52:48] Offering Risk-Free Guarantees
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Connect with Ray on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Ray Edwards is a world-renowned copywriter and communications strategist, writing for some of the most powerful voices in leadership and business including New York Times bestselling authors Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for the Soul) and Tony Robbins. Ray is a sought-after speaker and author, hosts a popular weekly podcast, and blogs at RayEdwards.com
Click The Button Below And Enter Your Primary Email Address To Get “The Daily Ray” And A FREE Digital Copy Of The “Marketing Your Own Business” Newsletter.