Monday, December 12, 2022
This week's entire episode is devoted to an incredible tool for copywriters (although, I'm quite certain it was not built exclusively for us) – Notion.
Notion is one of those things I was “sort of” familiar with… I knew it was some sort of workspace management system, but I had no idea how much it could be tailored to copywriting and content creation until I got a look at how Cliff Ravenscraft was using it.
I'm not easily impressed these days, and I certainly don't feel the need to learn a new app just because it's popular. This app, however, is worth some effort. I invited Cliff to share with us how he's using Notion to quickly create and manage incredible content that serves his listeners and clients.
• [00:00] Intro
[01:17] A thousand hours so far
• [01:52] Not bad for an amateur
• [04:03] The value of journaling (they're not for posterity)
• [05:11] Don't trust your biological brain
• [06:41] How do you use Notion?
• [10:14]This sounds like a lot of work
• [11:33] Where do I tap?
• [12:11] How did you go from a Google Doc to Notion?
• [17:31] Let's see it work
• [22:32] Notion as a CRM [24:50] Ultimate email follow up
• [29:11] Copywriters: Pay attention
• [30:10] Client homework
• [33:35] Imagine the level of service you can provide
• [34:16] The learning curve…
• [36:40] Notion for speakers
• [39:46] Applying knowledge (not just collecting it)
• [41:03] A final demo (keepingthingsprivate)
• [42:37] You are a media empire
• [43:25] Okay, one final show off
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Connect with Ray on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Ray Edwards is a world-renowned copywriter and communications strategist, writing for some of the most powerful voices in leadership and business including New York Times bestselling authors Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for the Soul) and Tony Robbins. Ray is a sought-after speaker and author, hosts a popular weekly podcast, and blogs at RayEdwards.com
I teach thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and business owners how to write the words that sell their products, services, and ideas.
Click The Button Below And Enter Your Primary Email Address To Get “The Daily Ray” And A FREE Digital Copy Of The “Marketing Your Own Business” Newsletter.